Sunday, March 28, 2010

Every Day in Tuscany

I have to admit I'm shocked to learn that Frances Mayes will soon be celebrating her 20th anniversary at Bramasole!

Where has the time gone?  It seems like only yesterday I discovered her first book celebrating the good life in Italy, Under the Tuscan Sun.  No wonder that her latest installment, Every Day in Tuscany, feels just like catching up with an old friend.  After all, I've been spending time with her for almost 14 years now and during all of that time she has been reminding me to slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures of life. 

I've always admired the guts this woman had, to take the dare, cash out her savings, renovate her house and her life all at the same time.  The risk paid off and perhaps her success enables me to be a bit braver in my own life. 

So while it's entirely possible that I will never get closer to Tuscany than the local Fratelli's restaurant, I will keep in mind her words written for Every Day in Tuscany:
"If you read it, I hope that it’s a reminder of life-in-the-moment, wherever you are. Tuscany is a state of mind; you can have that state of mind anywhere."
Congratulations on the new book and on your 20th anniversary, Frances. May you & yours enjoy many more happy years!


No comments:

Post a Comment